Whom to See First? General Physician or Specialist?

Whom to See First? General Physician or Specialist?

Nov 18, 2021

Whom to See First? General Physician or Specialist?The fast-paced modern world and the pressure it places on us means that people do not have enough time to look after themselves and their well-being. In other words, they take their health for granted. By ignoring minor ailments, by forgetting the basics of good nutrition, by not getting enough exercise and by managing with inadequate sleep and living with stress and anxiety, people are putting their health, their futures and the happiness and security of their loved ones at risk.

Read Also: Knowing When to Go to the Hospital

When Should You Go to an Orthopedician?

If you have the following:

  • Chronic, repetitive muscle, bone, joint, or ligament pain or problems
  • An injury that results in muscle, bone, joint or ligament pain
  • A medical condition where orthopedic problems are a known complication
  • Suffered a similar problem in the past and it was treated by an orthopedic specialist
  • Been advised by your primary healthcare provider to go to a specialist

Then you should not delay and contact an orthopedic doctor.

The signs that you should contact an orthopedician include, but are not limited to:

  • A soft tissue injury that has not healed in 2 days or which continues to become worse
  • Chronic pain in the bones and joints, especially in the back, neck, shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and ankle
  • Stiffness or reduced movement and flexibility of a joint
  • Movement limitations that prevent you from doing everyday tasks

Going to an orthopedician is not a sign of weakness. It is a sign of maturity that you accept that you may have a condition that requires specialized treatment and are going to where you will get it. The sooner you go to an orthopedic specialist, the sooner your treatment and recovery will begin.

Comments - 0

Share Your Thoughts

Verify you're Human*

Just check on this box below to verify





Copyrights © 2017 NMC Pondy. All Rights Reserved