Do Not Ignore Other Health Issues Because Of COVID-19Nov 13, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic is a health crisis that no one should ignore. However, its existence does not mean that other medical conditions have disappeared. The focus on COVID-19 has made people overlook/ignore other disorders and even if the symptoms are noticed, the fear of coronavirus infection keeps patients away from the OPDs and emergency departments in hospitals. When people do come for treatment, it is often when the pain, discomfort or other symptoms have reached unbearable levels. By then, the condition may have progressed and a relatively simple course of treatment becomes a serious and major procedure. A person with diabetes who has not gone for a routine check-up may develop diabetic ketoacidosis. A person with hypertension ignoring his health could have a stroke. A pregnant woman missing her pre-natal check-ups may develop complications that affect her and the foetus.
Wellness Should Not Be Taken for Granted
The need for overall health care and monitoring remains as important as it was before COVID-19.
- Do not ignore any sudden changes in your health. Everyone has “off days” when they do not feel their best. But if these off days reach a state wherein normal activities are affected or if their frequency increases, the condition must not be ignored and medical attention should be sought.
- Any sudden pain or any increase in arthritic or rheumatic discomfort needs to be investigated. It could be a minor matter that can be resolved with medication, but if left untreated, even minor matters can grow into serious conditions that will require the use of major and extensive treatment protocols.
- People who have been advised surgery to treat medical problems may feel that this is not the right time to get admitted into a hospital. They are under the impression that the risk of coronavirus infection will greatly increase during the procedure. This is incorrect. The risks of avoiding time-bound surgery may be far greater than any risk COVID-19 poses. If surgery is required, a reputed hospital, with the highest professional and medical standards, will ensure that patient safety is not compromised by the procedure or during recovery.
- Many medical conditions may not require hospitalization but may still need regular medical attention. Not visiting the OPD or not adhering to check-up schedules can result in health deteriorating and health issues becoming worse, often without the patient realizing how bad it has become until the seriousness of the condition has increased drastically. As a result, what could have been treated without hospital admission may now require an extended hospital stay.
- Never ignore any changes in your health because of the fear of visiting a reputed hospital.
The best way to look after your health and that of your loved ones is to get checked and treated at a hospital that maintains the highest standards of COVID-19 control and prevention and which is also known for its outstanding levels of medical service, care and treatment. This will provide you with the protection you need as well as the treatment for other health concerns.
Comments - 0
Share Your Thoughts
மாரடைப்பின் எச்சரிக்கை அறிகுறிகளை அறியுங்கள் – தாமதிக்காமல் செயல்படுங்கள்!
7 Proven Ways to Live a Heart Healthy Life
Common Heart Procedures An Overview
Common Tests To Diagnose Heart Disease
All You Need To Know About Coronary Artery Disease
How to Manage Stress at Work? | Heart Health
How Good Sleep Can Keep Your Heart Healthy
Causes of Hair Fall and Prevention
All You Need To Know About Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck Surgery
Staying Healthy During A Pandemic
Healthcare in the Post COVID-19 World
Medical care during a pandemic
A Guide to your Pregnancy Hormones
The Functions Of The Thyroid Gland
எண்டோகிரைன் கோளாறுகள் - வகைகள், காரணங்கள், அறிகுறிகள், நோய் கண்டறிதல் மற்றும் சிகிச்சை வகைகள்
Can Diabetes be cured permanently?
The Importance of Health Packages in Staying Healthy
Whom to See First? General Physician or Specialist?
Knowing When to Go to the Hospital
How to Find the Right Hospital Near You?
Why Multispecialty Hospitals Are the Best
The Link Between Diabetes And Obesity
வாழ்க்கை முறை மாற்றங்கள் மூலம் கொலஸ்ட்ரால் அளவைக் குறைப்பது எப்படி?
The Dangers of Antibiotic Misuse
What causes excessive burping?
Acid Reflux Should Not Be Ignored
The Importance Of Limiting Time On Tech Devices For Children
Sitting Too Much and Heart Health: The Link
Health Risks While Returning to Work after the Lockdown
A South Indian Diet Plan For Heart Patients
Traumatic Brain Injury - Causes, Symptoms and Treatments
ஸ்ட்ரோக் - சிகிச்சையும் பாதுகாப்பும்
5 Things to Know About Cerebral Palsy
Spotting Early Signs of Dementia
List of Common Urogynaecology Surgical Procedures
Tips for Successful Breast Feeding
The Importance of Regular Gynaecological Examinations
How To Find The Best Gynecologist
The Importance of Self Breast Examination
Understanding the Various Stages of Lung Cancer
Can Lung Cancer Be Diagnosed Without a Biopsy?
Healthy Habits That Can Help Deal with Lung Cancer
நுரையீரல் புற்றுநோய்க் காரணிகள்
கீல்வாத மூட்டுவலி என்பது என்ன?
Herniated Disk: When Is Surgery Needed?
Causes, Symptoms and Treatment of Cervical Spondylosis
Paediatric Care – Choosing the Right Hospital
குழந்தை சாப்பிட வம்பு பண்ணும் பழக்கத்தை சரி செய்யும் வழிகள்
Immunization Chart For The Ages Of 0 To 3 Years